At the AGM on the 7th November the club agreed that the nature of how the club was run needed to evolve. The membership present at AGM agreed unanimously the way forward as stated below:
- The Diving Club becomes a social club only, the club itself will no longer organise dives on behalf of the members.
- No annual subscription for 2019. Current members of The Diving Club remain members (unless they no longer wish to do so). Any new members can join with no subscription.The Diving Club will fund the members to become social-only members of Reading BSAC.
- From January 2019 club night will be changed to the first Thursday of the month. Reading BSAC meet every Thursday and The Diving Club members are welcome to attend any RBSAC club night.
- The Diving Club assets to remain with the Club for 2019. Refunds due to members to be paid.Remaining assets will remain dormant with exception of any costs for social events/revised website hosting.
- Website to be changed to reflect changing nature of Club and to reduce hosting costs.
- Group email function (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Facebook page to continue as mechanism for members to contact each other e.g. to arrange personal diving trips, on a friendship basis – not as official Club dives.Club members to review position of Club at end of 2019 at next AGM, date to be confirmed.
- As the Club will continue to exist in a new form, it needs a committee to oversee it: Tom Briggs agreed to continue in nominal role as Treasurer as he is signatory for bank account/named person for online banking; Eve McIlmoyle agreed act as Secretary to monitor contacts from website and to send reminders for any specific social events. No other committee roles or tasks will be undertaken. Both offers were seconded and approved by the membership.
In addition we agreed that we will continue with the scheduled Christmas Social Night for The Diving Club Reading on Wednesday 5 December to mark the changed remit of the Club. Similar format to previous years, details to be sent to all members. Club members also offered to host the annual summer barbeque open to The Diving Club and RBSAC members, to be confirmed in 2019.